Thursday, November 22, 2007

I am Thankful For A Lot of Things


It is difficult to list all that we have to be Thankful for. But I do want to point out a few of the most important to me.

Family: The Lord blessed me with a wonderful wife, Melody. Then He added to that blessing when she gave me three terrific sons. I am Thankful that our parents are still alive and close enough to enjoy time together regularly.

Service: I am Thankful that I have been given the opportunity to serve in the SC House of Representatives - it is a tremendous experience!

Things I enjoy: I am Thankful for the outdoors, the outdoor traditions of hunting and fishing and for all things wild.

Friends: I am Thankful for all of my close friends. You guys/gals are great!

Opportunities: I am Thankful for all of the opportunities that the Lord has given me: Business, travel, meeting people, challenges.

Grace: Not enough is said or Thanks given to God for His Grace. What a powerful word.

Happiness: I am Thankful for happiness and laughter. As I write this, I hear my youngest son laughing downstairs! What a great sound it is. I am happy with my life.

I am Thankful for you, the readers of this blog and your comments. It all helps me be a better father, husband, small business owner and Representative. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!